Interested in Joining the PAC?
The Patient Advisory Committee (PAC) provides an opportunity to patients, transplant recipients, and care partners for the purposes of lending perspective and assisting in the promotion of patient, family, and care partner engagement in ESRD care, as well as promoting positive relationships between patients, provider staff, ESRD stakeholders, and the Network.
Take a look into Keith's story and how he remains optimistic as an ESRD patient and PAC member:
Learn More About PAC
The PAC consists of three separate levels of involvement: Members, Representatives and Chairpersons.
- Educating themselves on kidney disease and ways to be a healthier patient living with ESRD
- Becoming an empowered patient by being an active participant with your personal care team
- Learning more about patient advocacy and quality improvement activities
- Developing and expanding advocacy skills and become more involved with their dialysis facility and ESRD Network
- Speaking with their ESRD peers and sharing advice and experience
- Expanding education and training regarding ESRD and other kidney diseases
To serve at the representative level, you must be nominated by your social worker and/or a facility representative and complete a certified peer mentor training course.
- Assist in supporting patients and activities in your region and talking with other patients and care team members to obtain their perspectives
- Provide feedback on the effectiveness of the Network’s patient-related activities and assisting in developing resources and tools that will support reaching quality improvement goals
- Reviewing and making recommendations regarding patient-related health care messages, materials, and activities planned by the Network
To serve at this level, you must serve as a PAC Representative for at least one year.
Once involved in PAC a patient may also be considered to serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME). SMEs are individuals who are able to devote more time each month to be involved in planning quality improvement activities with the Network and other federal agencies including participating in national conference calls.
For questions or more information, please contact us:
IPRO ESRD Network of the South Atlantic
Network 6 (GA, NC, SC)
909 Aviation Parkway, Suite 300
Morrisville, NC 27560
Main Phone: 919-463-4500
Toll-Free Patient Line: 800-524-7139