Be Prepared. Be Safe.
In an Emergency, the Network works with dialysis facilities to track and report patient access to treat and publish the status of facility operations (open/closed/altered schedule). The Network works with federal, state, and local government agencies as needed to assist with patient safety and ensure dialysis facilities are prioritized to be open.
View our Emergency Updates page to see the operational status of facilities during a potential emergency.
Emergency Preparedness for Facilities
2020 CRITICAL ASSET SURVEY (CAS)
Emergency Preparedness Plan Resources
Emergency Preparedness for Patients
Emergencies caused by severe weather or disasters can happen with or without warning. If you need dialysis, having power and water, transportation, or supplies will be crucial. Some emergency situations may make it impossible for you to get to your dialysis facility or give yourself dialysis. It is important to be prepared so you can feel better and stay healthy.
- General Patient Preparedness Tips
- Preparing for Emergencies: A Guide for People on Dialysis (English|Spanish)
- KCER 3-Day Emergency Diet Guidelines (English|Spanish)
- KCER Patient ID Card Template
- Emergency Disconnect Procedure for In-Center Hemodialysis Patients
- Emergency Transportation Options for Dialysis Patients
- CDC's Natural Disasters and Severe Weather: Link
Hurricanes & Flooding
- NEW! - Planning for Emergencies: A Guide for People with Chronic Kidney Disease: Guide
- NEW! - National Hurricane Preparedness 2020: Link
- National Hurricane Center: Hurricane Preparedness - Be Ready<
- CDC Preparedness and Safety Messaging for Hurricanes, Flooding, and Similar Disasters
- FEMA How to Prepare for a Hurricane
- Ready.gov Preparing for Floods<
- Ready.gov Preparing for Hurricanes
- ESRD NCC Patient Education Quickinar: Preparing for Hurricane Season During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Recording|Slides
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact us:
Network 6 Emergency Contacts
- American Kidney Fund (AKF):
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA):
- The Kidney National Foundation (NKF):
- Kidney Emergency Response Coalition (KCER):
- Veterans Disaster Relief Hotline:
- Baxter Renal Care:
- SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline: