Many healthcare providers are facing new challenges while caring for dialysis patients with the prevalence of COVID-19. In addition to ensuring their treatment needs are being met, patients and staff are experiencing heightened symptoms related to mental health. Below you will find resources for providers to reference and use in conjunction with their own skillset and expertise when serving the ESRD patient population.
Mental Health Resources for Healthcare Providers
Mental Health Tools & Resources
- ESRD NCC - COVID-19 Mental Health: Toolkit
- Take Care of Your Behavioral Health: Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation During an Infectious Disease Outbreak: Guide
- Coping with Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks: Guide
- Using "Ask-Tell-Ask" in Person-Centered Case: Promoting Goals of Care Conversations with Dialysis Patients and Families During COVID-19: Slides
- Coping with Infectious Disease Outbreaks in the Dialysis Setting for Healthcare Workers: Flyer
- Coronavirus Anxiety Workbook: A Tool to Help You Build Resilience During Difficult Times: Workbook
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact us:
Webinars, Videos, & LAN Calls
Maintaining Emotional Balance in an Unbalancing Time
This webinar responds to hard questions and emotional distress about COVID-19 from dialysis patients and their families.
Promoting Physical and Emotional Comfort During COVID-19
This webinar provides education on how dialysis staff can help patients maintain emotional well-being during COVID-19. Hosted by the ESRD National Coordinating Center (NCC).
COVID-19 and Compassion Fatigue
Compassion fatigue is a broadly defined concept that can include emotional, physical, and spiritual distress in those providing care to another.
Grief Management for the Caregiver
Julia Ellifritt from the Cornerstone of Hope Bereavement Center discusses grief, loss, and change during the COVID-19 pandemic.
ESRD Network Program
- NEW! - Webinar: Sharing Best Practices and Addressing Transportation Barriers in Dialysis Patients during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Slides|Recording
- COVID-19 Screening and Management: Toolkit
- Where to Find Credible Information About COVID-19: Handout
- COVID-19 Pandemic Supplemental Training: Video
- Emergency Transportation Options for Dialysis Patients Handout: Network 6
- Dialysis Audit Tool: Hand Hygiene with Sanitizer (English): Network 6
- Dialysis Audit Tool: Hand Hygiene with Sanitizer (Spanish): Network 6
- Hand Sanitizer Audit Tool Provider and Patient Resource: Guide