To minimize the risk of infection from COVID-19, dialysis patients are encouraged to schedule essential appointments via telehealth.
Telehealth Patient Resources
These resources are for ESRD patients thinking about or are currently using telehealth during the pandemic. Telehealth is an important and helpful resource to keep patients safe while reducing the risk of exposure to COVID-19. Below you will find a worksheet for patients utilizing telemedicine to keep track of their telehealth appointments and write down important health information and/or questions they may have for their providers.
ESRD Network Program
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact us:
Telehealth Support Groups
ESRD patients may need extra support during the pandemic and telehealth support groups can be a helpful resource to keep patients connected and minimize loneliness, depression, and anxiety while reducing the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
- American Association of Kidney Patients (AAKP) Community: AAKP recognizes the value of local patient support groups. Through its website and various publications, the AAKP Community provides a centralized resource to locate ESRD support groups within patients’ communities.
- Helparound Phone App: Helparound assists chronic kidney disease patients and their support systems, overwhelmed by a life-changing condition, to simplify the day-to-day management of dialysis treatment. NxStage delivers information and support resources as needed, when needed, via smartphone.
- Home Dialysis Central Forums: Home Dialysis Central is an online discussion forum and a one-stop resource for patients and professionals who want to learn more about home dialysis options—what they are, where they can be found, and why someone might want to choose one over another. Patients, family members, and caregivers can get advice from experts or other members of the home dialysis community, or they can share their knowledge with others.
- Nephkids Cyber-Support Group: This resource is a cyber-support group for parents of children with CKD. It offers an interactive email group (listserve) for parents of children with many types of chronic kidney disease.
- National Kidney Foundation (NKF) Peers Lending Support: 1-855-653-7337 (1-855-NKF-PEER) This NKF website is specifically for new patients who need support and want to connect with peers who “have been there.”
- Renal Support Network (RSN) HOPEline Peer Support: 1.800.579.1970 The RSN website empowers people who have kidney disease to become knowledgeable about their illness, proactive in their care, hopeful about their future, and to make friends through informative, patient-directed programs.