The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) established the End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Quality Initiative Program (QIP) as part of its ongoing efforts to improve the quality of dialysis care provided to ESRD patients. This initiative supports quality improvement efforts among providers and makes available quality information that will enable patients to participate in making health care decisions.
The backbone of CMS’s ESRD information system is CROWNWeb—the Consolidated Renal Operations in a Web-Enabled Network. ESRD networks and dialysis facilities use CROWNWeb to enter and submit patient and clinical quality of care data to CMS.
Registering for access to CROWNWeb, and/or ESRD QIP 1.0.0*
For an overview of obtaining access to ESRD QIP, please click here: QIP Access Request Process Presentation
To access CROWNWeb and/ or ESRD QIP 1.0.0* users must complete the registration steps listed here: QualityNet.org
CROWNWeb Access Links:
- QIMS/ SO: https://idm.qualitynet.org.idadmin (Activate QIMS account requests and disable users)
- QIMS/EUM: https://idm.qualitynet.org/idm/user (Approve accounts in QIMS and change password in CROWNWeb)
- QIMS/USER: https://idm.qualitynet.org/idm/user (Manage your own QIMS profile and change CROWNWeb password)
- CROWNWeb: https://www.qualitynet.org/ (CROWNWeb web site)
- QIP: https://cportal.qualitynet.org/QNet/pgm_select.jsp (Select End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Quality Incentive Program. Enter QIMS user ID and password)